Monday, January 27, 2020

Taking a break

I think when we are done with this year's lambing and sales we may be taking a break. Or we will need to move the ewes out of the barn and the winter pasture into another area on the farm. If mastitis is really contagious (first we've heard that in 27 years of raising sheep) then we will need to get them out of the barn and the winter 'pasture'.

We do have a used Rhino shelter with a new cover coming later in the spring. The plan is to put in on an area the is just gravel and no greenery in order to store hay bales on pallets. But, maybe we will move the girls down there for the spring and summer. At least until we start haying.  I did buy a 10'x17' carport to put the boys in for the summer months so we could replace flooring and possibly pour concrete outside their door.  If we can move the girls, maybe we will do the same thing on their side of the barn.

But, we will see. I do know I want to find the time for us to finish enclosing the barn and to get it painted. I am looking forward to getting as many projects done on this house and property as we can before hubby is eligible for retirement in 2021. I am planning to sell as many things as possible this year as well. Things that I don't care to box up and move when/if we sell this farm. Things that I've not touched in a very long time and chances are I no longer have a use for. I don't know whether we will do a one or two day yard sale, or if we will just put it on Face Book market place. Either will take time...  I am so looking forward to living in a finished house, even if only for a short time, and a  DECLUTTERED house.

I will be posting fleeces for sale on the fleece blog (http://eweifarmfleece.blogspot.com/) and on the Face Book page (https://www.facebook.com/WoolnEwe/).

After all my surgeries I am finally feeling healed enough to do more. I am being careful as I don't want to end up getting hurt again!!

And, if you want to keep up with news from the farm faster than my blog posts (SORRY!!) check us out on Face Book. https://www.facebook.com/Ewe-I-Farm-208179205917180/

No comments:

Recent Comments