Thursday, February 06, 2020

Lambs, lambs and more lambs

 Magic gave us twin ewes. She delivered the first on her own.
I had to help with the 2nd as she was coming head first, legs
back. I pulled Magic away from the wall and rolled her onto 
her back. I could then locate one leg, which I pulled forward.
Magic then did the rest. This makes 16 living lambs so far
with 3 more ewes to go in the next 9 days.















 
 Magic is a Romney and is incredibly wooly all 
over. Inside of just cleaning up her undercarriage,
Jerry sheared all of her for me. She will be in the 
barn for the next 4 days. We don't want a repeat
of years passed. She is not the best long term 
mother, but she does (normally) have a gorgeous 
fleece. It is still gorgeous, just full of hay and crap!


 Jillian's tiny boy. His twin brother was twice the
size and Jerry said he was still born.  


 He is so TINY, but so stinking cute!




No comments:

Recent Comments