Thursday, January 07, 2010

This is the year of destash

I resolve to clean out my wool closet by
A) carding all of the fleeces in there
B) selling some of those washed fleeces (or at least parts of them), so watch the fleece pages
C) spinning the batts or
D) selling the batts, will also be on the fleece page.

I resolve to clean the yarn out of the wool closet by
A) knitting lots of hats and mittens for upcoming festivals and farmer's markets
B) selling stashed yarn, also on the fleece page
C) weaving up a batch of the chenille, and maybe some wool, on friend Sue's triangle loom.

I have joined Ravelry's 10 shawls in 2010, so that should free up quite a bit of closet space. I have also decided that I am not going to do any special knit orders for anyone this year. I will do the dog spinning orders I took in 2009, but I need a year to myself. The stress of trying to make others happy and make their orders fit has gotten to be a little overwhelming and my depression has overtaken me BIG TIME this winter. So, if you have tried to reach me by phone, your best way to reach me at this time is through e-mail.

So...I am off to knit, watch a little TV, wash a little mohair and just be.

No comments:

Recent Comments