Saturday, April 06, 2019

My new look and my new ride

Until April 16th that is.






All of the hardware came out of my ankle yesterday in
day surgery. The surgeon called my husband after surgery
to tell him I was done, and that he had also removed quite 
a bit of scar tissue. I was sent home in a soft cast to protect
the incisions. He cut me open in the same places he had cut 
me before. I was home by 3 pm. Last night was rough pain
wise. But, today is better. Between the Lyrica for the nerve
pain from the Fibromyalgia, the Ibuprofen and the 
Oxycodone for the other pain, it is all bearable.
My neighbor Pebbles brought me to the hospital for
6 am yesterday. When she got back to Sutton, she let
out and fed my animals. This morning when she came
down, I put a trash bag over the soft cast and I took my
crutches, and with her beside me, I 'walked' out to the
barn with her. When chores were done, she walked back
to the house with me. I won't be trying it on my own any
time soon as there is still a lot of mud, ice and snow in
front of the barn.
Thankfully hubby is on vacation this coming week, 
so I have help if I need it.

I am so thankful for all the prayers through this whole
ordeal, and I covet more of them. I can not imagine
going through now 4 surgeries in less than 26 months
without God and your prayers.

No comments:

Recent Comments