Friday, April 26, 2019

OUCH!!

The stitches came out yesterday morning. I never expected it to be as painful as it was!! When they were taken out after the first surgery, the nurse cut them into shorter pieces before he pulled them out. I also had to have tiny pieces pulled out by the surgeon a couple of weeks later.
This time the nurse cut the knot, which was tied super tight to the skin and pulled them out in long pieces. I wish she had just made them smaller. The surgeon had stitched the skin so tightly together that the stitches would not slip out easily. I DO NOT want to go through that again.

He believes I am healing well, although he did not feel the need to do another X-ray. I can now use  a soft compression brace on my ankle when I go out. I told him I still plan on using the air cast around here as our hill is steep and you are walking at an angle from the house to the truck. And, the cane. 😏

I have no real restrictions, except to be careful as I could easily fracture it again and no heavy lifting. I wonder what he considers heavy lifting... I may have to call his office and ask.

In the meantime, I am doing what I can to get ready for NH Sheep & Wool in 2 weeks. YIKES!! I have a LOT of fleeces that I still need to get to, but between the ankle and the rain it is not getting done.  I think since it is raining AGAIN today, I will put my set up on paper. New to the setup this year will be the section devoted to Shave 'Em to Save 'Em. We will have our 'normal' array of different fibers in different stages, but we will have one section under its own banner with 6 out of 22 of the breeds of wool listed on the Livestock Conservancy's list of endangered, threatened, watch or recovering list of sheep breeds. One of which is our Horned Dorset.

Hope to see y'all in Deerfield!

No comments:

Recent Comments