Friday, May 23, 2008

Mid May on the farm

After all the snow we had this winter, I was not sure that things would ever flower again. But God knew what He was doing. The lilacs, both purple and white, are in bloom about 2 weeks early. The peony next to the house is getting ready to bloom. The peonies in front of the deck are behind that one. Some of the irises are looking like they will bloom in the next 2 weeks. I have a tree in front of my office that has what look like apple blossoms on it, but I don't think it is an apple. I don't remember where I got it from. There is one more tree out in front of my office window that I do know what it is either. We will have to wait and see. I do know that I planted the 2 different colored lilacs, a Forsythia, and a Burning Bush.
The grass is greening up and the girls are 'mowing the lawn' about an hour a day. Any more than that at this time and they will get diarrhea. We don't want that!!
Shearing has slowed down for Jerry, so we are getting things done around the house and yard. We had planned a yard sale for this week end (Memorial Day), but there is still much that needs to be done.
We are still planning on putting this farm on the market and looking for a bigger farm. We are also looking at opening our own fiber processing mini mill!! We need to figure out financing for that though. We don't have $100,000 burning a hole in our pocket!
Please check out the newest farm blog!! http://eweifarmfleece.blogspot.com/ We have 80+ fleeces sitting in the kitchen that need a new home!! Another reason to open a mini mill. (o;

A narcisus peeks out from under my mother's roses. A peony bush and day lilies under the cat walk.

Azaleas in front of the rock. An ornamental cherry tree.

My mother's roses. Another look at the unknown flowering tree and the lilac bush.
Some unknown flowering tree.

In front of the barn is a flower bed with rhubarb, a Forsythia bush, iris, bee balm, (at this time) garlic, a lilac bush, a burning bush, and some day lilies.

Rhubarb and Forsythia bush. Lilac and burning bushes.

We just picked up some mulch today. So I plan on sprucing up all my flower beds.

No comments:

Recent Comments