Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hernia

From Wikipedia-Femoral hernias are a relatively uncommon type, accounting for only 3% of all hernias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_hernia

Well, I guess I have to be the different one. (o;

Dr. Bears repaired my second hernia in 15 years. The first was repaired by his predecessor, Dr. Evans. It was the 'normal' type of hernia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_ligament The pain of this one was very different as I felt it in my thigh more than my groin. Apparently, it was pressing on the femoral nerve when it was presenting.

He put 2 plugs in to hold it in place. Right now it is sore and swollen, so I have no idea if I am having a reaction or not. But, he put in some kind of block in my leg/groin which put my leg completely to sleep from mid-thigh to mid-shin. With no feeling meant no walking. I almost felll on the nurse in the hospital, but I did fall here at home. I am hoping I didn't hurt anything. By this morning most of the feeling was back.But, I walking with my cane again as I am not steady nor strong enough to walk unassisted. The good thing is I can get my own coffee! I just can not take care of my own animals yet.

I go back to see the surgeon next Friday. We will see then if I did any damage to myself when I fell. In the meantime, I hope to update my blogs, get some quilt tops done and maybe even a little spinning.

TTFN.

No comments:

Recent Comments