Friday, July 26, 2013

Darn chickens!!

This article helps me feel a little better, but I am still annoyed at  my girls....
http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-behaviours-and-egg-laying-why-are-my-hens-not-laying

55 hens and 1 rooster. Yesterday we got a dozen eggs. Today we only got 7. It is not hot out....they have free choice food and water in 3 different locations....they are locked in their run. So, I know that they are not hiding them. They are not molting. The coops are high enough, and the house secure enough, that I am not concerned about something in there eating them.... I am home all day Sunday. I will have a chance then to collect eggs every few hours. Last summer we were getting 5 dozen a day..... Granted we slaughtered 20+ birds last fall, but I kept the younger birds.

If we get the 'new' farm, I will need to look into getting chicks.... But, I will continue to feed them as they are still my pets!

TTFN

No comments:

Recent Comments