Thursday, August 03, 2017

A day in the hay field

Yikes! It's been a month since I've blogged.
I am been trying to stay off the computer as I have 
plenty to do outside to keep me busy. Even if it is
will only one arm. But, tomorrow we see a new 
surgeon and we will see if she will replace my 
shoulder or if I am stuck with the very limited 
range of motion and serious pain..

In the meantime, this is what we have been doing
when we have long stretches of nice weather. We 
managed to beat the weather yesterday before the 
threatened thunderstorms rolled in. But, the skies 
were impressive while we were working in the field.





 Our newest piece of equipment.
A pin-wheel rake.
A whole new learning curve for me!
And, my trusty John Deere tractor.
Hydrostatic clutch and small enough
to drive one handed. Easy on and off also.





 Driving the truck, while Jerry picks up bales, is 
our neighbor Pebbles. She and her husband were 
such a big help to us yesterday! They got the hay 
off the trailer twice and up into the loft. I haven't 
lost the strength in my right arm, yet and don't plan
to. If the bale is less than 50#, I can still lift right handed.

 From behind.
My front view of the world, at least for the day!

If my hips and knees did not get so stiff from sitting
so long, I'd spent the entire day on my tractor moving 'stuff'.

No comments:

Recent Comments