Friday, September 19, 2008

20th annual VT Sheep & Wool festival

This was the front entrance to the main building. We were just to the left of the doorway. The next picture shows our fleeces around the tree and 2 of us on the front lawn. (These pictures are from Sunday. On Saturday it was raining and there were a Lot more fleeces around that tree!)
Looking toward the llama obstacle course. And then, here comes the llamas and alpacas. It was nice to actually be able to watch the kids and their animals go through the course. I have never been able to watch as I am usually in a building.
Our tent on Sunday morning. It was still lightly raining when I took these pictures, but the sun did come out!
Coming back from lunch break, looking toward the front gate and where we were set up. There were 3 of us set up on the front lawn.

More pictures of our setup, after the sun came out. I did not realize that the boxes were showing until I put the pictures on the blog....... )o:
Hope Spinnery. A wind powered fiber mill. We sent 3 of the left over fleeces home with him (Bill Huntington) to be processed into roving. www.hopespinnery.com

I need to find this woman's card so I can let you know who she is...........I do know that she is from Connecticut. And her colors are awesome!
My favorite wheel maker. David Paul of The Merlin Tree. http://www.themerlintree.com/the_merlin_tree001.htm.

David's double flyer Ashford Traveller. Two handed spinning anyone?

No comments:

Recent Comments