Thursday, September 04, 2008

Matilda coats- washing instructions

This email came to me from the woman I bought my coats from. Please read if you use the new Matilda sheep coats.

It has come to my attention that the most recent fabric the Matilda Brand Sheep covers are made of is UV treated and that washing damages this treatment. Noel has recently posted new washing instructions for us to use.If possible do NOT wash these covers. If you must wash them use cold or warm water only (do NOT use hot water). Presoak the covers in warm water if they are muddy. Wash only one or 2 covers at a time in the washer and use liquid dish washing detergent (I know, this sounds crazy, but it does seem to make a difference. Do NOT use clothes washing detergent). Hang the covers to dry. Agitation, hot water and clothes washing detergent cause major damage to the covers.One of our dealers has washed 6 brand new covers and ruined them, then he tried the dish washing detergent and no damage was done!Please send these instructions out to anyone who is buying covers from you.Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you! I just wish I had known this earlier!!Belinda

No comments:

Recent Comments