Friday, September 10, 2010

OUCH!!!

Wednesday morning found me in the Podiatrist's office for 2 cortisone shots in my right foot. Not only do I have Plantar Fasciitis in my right heel, but I also developed Tendinitis in the top of the right foot. And then he discovered a heel spur in the right heel...

So, we had a shot in the top of the foot with a long lasting and a short lasting cortisone, without any form of Novocaine... Not too bad. Then we had the shot in the side of the heel. OH MY GOD!!! Ow! Ow! OWW!! Poor Jerry's hand was almost crushed. But I had started to recite the 23rd Psalm and only got as far as green pastures and still waters, and everything was ok.

So far, no pain and no swelling. He said day 3 should be the worst. That is tomorrow. Hopefully it won't hit until after farmer's market...

Psalm 23 (For those of you who may have forgotten...)

Psalm 23 (King James Version)


1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.


2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.


3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


I love this Psalm. It does quiet my mind when I am in trouble, anxious or in pain. I just need to remember to recite it more often.

Now that I have my computer back I hope to update it with pictures from the past 3 weeks...


http://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-126203/Plantar-fasciitis?q=plantar+fasciitis&qpvt=plantar+fasciitis
 
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/generalinfo2/a/heelspur.htm
 
http://www.bing.com/health/article/medlineplus-1000240021/Tendinitis?q=tendinitis&qpvt=Tendinitis

No comments:

Recent Comments