Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The simple woman's daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is gray and drizzly. Perfect housecleaning weather!!


I am thinking...about the weekend...

I am thankful for...for the rain that God has given us.

From the kitchen...nothing but coffee until Jerry gets home.

I am wearing...jeans, T-shirt and a sweatshirt, socks and shoes. A little cool in the house...
I am creating...the Civil War Shawl by Suzanne Pufpaff from my own handspun lamb's wool.

I am going...nowhere today. Just back to working around the farm.

I am reading...I heard that song before by Mary Higgins Clark

I am hoping...for a a very profitable 2 weekends & safe travel for my sister and brother-in-law.

I am hearing...Chuck Swindoll and Insight for Living

Around the house...looks like a bomb went off. But, then again, it always does the week before a show.

One of my favorite things...to sit with a cup of coffee and to enjoy either good Christian radio or a good book and to watch/listen to my sheep.

A few plans for the rest of the week:To finish cleaning and organizing my house before Kathy & George get here, to upack and repack the van for the upcoming sheep & wool festivals, and to unwind...

Here are some pictures for thought I am sharing...

 

Mabel & Ewenice-the 2 newest Romney ewes
Since they are related to Stormy, they are in with Cornelius.
I love the combination of my Romney ram on my Dorset ewes.
It will be interested what we will get with it reversed.
Cornelius has 11 ewes to himself for 6 weeks as does Stormy.
11 in the non-breeding pen
Mac-colored Coopworth and Cloud-white Romney
They came with Ewenice and Mabel (and with their names)
The garden is fenced off for another couple of weeks.
We park at the top of the driveway, and walk down/up.
Grace and Abraham

No comments:

Recent Comments