Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Year 2 for Jerry shearing the Merinos in Weare

I am finally getting a chance to catch up my blog. The next few days will be a flurry of pictures and writing. (o; These pictures are from June 22nd.
Remember the Merinos from last year? http://eweifarm.blogspot.com/2007/08/jerry-shearing.html
It was a lot cooler this year and he had a year of shearing under his belt. It still took 2 weekends only because we got caught in a thunder storm. These pictures are day 2.

You can just hear Dorcas saying 'If we don't look at him, he can't see us.'

Karen is behind Jerry skirting the fleece so it will be ready for her to send off.



She and David have very nice fleeces from their pet sheep flock.


And then David brings out this beast. I know it is a rooster, but I do not remember what kind. He did tell me that it is rare. Look at the colors on this bird!! Oh, to be able to duplicate that in my dye pot. And look at the spurs on him!! It is a good thing that this is a friendly chicken.

No comments:

Recent Comments