Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The cast is off!!

 I like how the tech's gloves matched the cast.
She is gently cutting it off.



 It was a bit painful when she pried it apart.
Right in front of the ankle and the heel are SORE!




 LOTS of packing material.

 Just before I went for exrays.
He printed me a copy of one view.
I will try to add that on here tomorrow.
Despite the dry skin, it looks better than it
did 2 weeks ago. It is still very bruised.



 The surgeon took his own pictures of the foot.





 No more cast! I am now in a boot/air cast.
I can take it off to shower (tomorrow)
and to put on Goat Milk lotion to start
removing the dead skin!!
I can set it on the floor, but I am not allowed to 
put any weight on it. I go back to see him in 4 weeks.
In the next week or 2 I can start simple exercises.
Like 'writing the alphabet' with my toes, and bending
the foot up and down. None of that is going to happen
until I get the dried skin off. It is like concrete and
not letting the skin under it move. But, onward and upward!!

No comments:

Recent Comments