Sunday, July 01, 2018

Shearing the alpacas at Live and Let Live Farm




 Ben
 Fiona
 Penny. Fiona's mom
Alvin
 This is what we do with spitting llamas and 
alpacas. Their eyes are covered, which tends  to 
calm them down. The point of the bandana is over 
and below their mouth. If they spit, it hits the 
bandana and bounces back at them. Most will
only do it once. As you can see, I was talking to
her and calming her the whole time she was being
sheared. Her eye was uncovered on my side, so she
could see me. It was recovered when her feet were 
trimmed to keep her from trying to leap up and
away from Jerry. I was still talking to her and 
keeping her calm. 

I may not be able to do a lot in the wheelchair, 
but I can take pictures, and I can keep an alpaca calm.
Sara is our contact person at the farm.
4 alpacas were surrendered to the farm by
someone who know she could no longer take care
of them. They will be up for adoption at some point.
In the meantime, they are all ready for the summer heat. 

No comments:

Recent Comments